AdhereTech makes smart pill bottles that are used by top pharmaceutical companies and pharmacies, to improve adherence for patients on the world’s most crucial medications. AdhereTech's system automatically collects and analyzes adherence data in real-time, so that our proprietary and customizable adherence programs can be delivered to patients at the exact moment when they're most effective. AdhereTech is used by thousands of patients across the globe. Most patients using AdhereTech are on cancer medication, yet our technology is also used by patients with HIV, hepatitis C, cystic fibrosis, sickle cell, and more. Customers include leading healthcare firms, such as: five top-15 pharmaceutical companies (confidential), four top-10 national pharmacies (confidential), The Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The Mount Sinai Health System, New York Presbyterian, Massachusetts General Hospital, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, University of Pennsylvania Health System, and many more.
- Website: adheretech.com
- How AdhereTech’s bottles and service work (1:37 video): adheretech.com/hcv
- TED Talk by AdhereTech CEO (5:43 video): tedmed.com/talks/show?id=299427
- AdhereTech’s partnership with Avella Specialty Pharmacy (8th largest specialty pharmacy in US, $1.1B sales): avella.com
As a Customer Engagement Manager, your role will be part patient-facing, and part strategic.
- Customer/Patient interfacing: You will be the main (non-clinical) ambassador of AdhereTech to customers and patients. You will be the first person to see and respond to all inbound communication from patients, and proactively reach out to patients when it appears that they could benefit from your assistance. To communicate with patients, you will use the AdhereTech phone system and online chat/SMS portal. For those who like helping people directly, this work will be incredibly rewarding. (Note: you will not be providing healthcare or health advice to patients. In short, you will help patients to use AdhereTech solutions, which in kind helps patients receive improved care. If you become aware of any patient health issues, you will immediately route said issue to the appropriate contact person in the proper format.)
- Strategic: You will plan and execute both inbound and outbound communications strategies to ensure every patient and pharmacy we touch has an incredible experience. This includes how to improve the patient experience by helping patients to use bottles, as well as how to improve the pharmacy experience by helping pharmacies to use our online dashboard. This will require proactive reach-out out to users, designing scalable features to improve the experience, and more. In this role, you will work with multiple teams across AdhereTech.
- Help patients and pharmacies to use (and to enjoy using) AdhereTech by answering questions and providing assistance to patients via phone and AdhereTech's text message portal. This may consume multiple hours each day.
- Handling incoming calls and text message quickly and with grace, warmly transferring calls to our support team when necessary
- Provide the best possible service to AdhereTech patients and customers, going above and beyond when necessary
- Review patient settings in the system, to ensure all patient preferences are being met
- Fully understand our products and be able to discuss all product features with patients and customers
- Collect, aggregate, interpret, and draw insights from information gathered during communication with patients and customers
- Maintain customer loyalty through integrity and accountability
- Plan and conduct customer training on AdhereTech dashboard features, tools, and key workflows
- Assist with a variety of other key projects as needed
- Excited about speaking with patients, over the phone and via AdhereTech's text message portal, for multiple hours each day
- Background in patient-communication and/or phone-based sales is a plus
- Open-minded, flexible, comfortable with taking on new challenges, and compassionate
- Great communication skills; comfortable independently leading phone calls
- Team player who can be relied upon and understands how others help make your goals achievable
- Proficiency at MS Office, comfortable learning and using new systems and technology tools
- Eager to adapt and perfect your work
- 1-5 years of experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
Benefits & Compensation:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits
- Equity in the company consistent with early hires